Adding a file
To add a File, use the "Click or drop file" area on top of the screen and follow instructions.
You can either:
- Click first in the "Click or drop file" area, then use the "Open file" dialog to look for the file to upload on your computer. As you press "Open', the file will be uploaded; or
- Look first for the file to upload on your computer, then click on it in the computer File Manager and drag an drop it on the "Click or drop file" area. It will again be uploaded immediately.
WARNING: give a explicit and informative title to your File before publishing it.
Creating and using sub-folders
Optionnally, if you want to put order in the file storage area, begin by creating a new sub-folder in the Group storage area :
- Select the "parent" folder into which you want to create the sub-folder by clicking on it
- Click on the "+" on the right of "Group files", and follow the instructions of the dialog box to create the sub-folder
- Move now to this new sub-folder by clicking on it
- And finally use the "Click or drop file" area as explained above to select the File to upload: it will now be placed in your new sub-folder
Deleting a file
You can delete the Files that you have published.
ATTENTION: do not delete the files published by the other members, nor the images (these can be useful to the configuration of the platform).
Remember: "Files" are published immediately in the Group storage area without Group Manager validation. This calls for you to exercise your responsibility before uploading a new file:
- do not upload an item that infringes copyrights
- do not upload inappropriate documents - you might get in trouble for doing so!
- and remember that the storage area devoted to your Group on our server is not unlimited: consider proposing alternative solutions (Google drive, YouSendIt, or the like...) before uploading huge documents!